Disclosure Statement Coordinator
British Columbia owned and operated since 1980, the Polygon family of companies has built more than 29,000 homes throughout the Lower Mainland, from concrete high-rises and wood-frame condominiums to townhomes and single-family communities. With almost four decades in business, Polygon has earned the trust of thousands of families by committing to quality design, sound construction and exceptional customer service
Under the supervision of the General Counsel, Associate General Counsel and Associate Counsel, the Disclosure Statement Coordinator is responsible primarily for preparing, drafting and filing Disclosure Statements and amendments as well as providing support to the Legal team.
- Coordinate, draft and process documents, including: strata plans, parking and storage locker leases, and other related Disclosure Statement related documents.
- Obtain information and prepare Disclosure Statement drafts following the requirements of Policy Statements issued by the Superintendent of Real Estate, including word-processing
- Prepare various exhibits to the Disclosure Statement and amendments
- Track deadlines, timelines, dates and a bring forward system
- Meet with various internal groups re: the Disclosure Statements and amendments, including review of drafts, follow-up, to obtain information
- Conduct searches and order requisite documents from LTSA or other parties
- Diarize for post-disclosure tasks and determine whether amendments are required
- Communicate with other groups to determine status of requirements for amendments
- Copy, scan and distribute the Disclosure Statements and organize files for disclosure
- Create, improve and update templates relating to Disclosure Statements with input of the General Counsel/Associate General Counsel/Associate Counsel
- Prepare and coordinate certain strata and Disclosure Statement related documents, including standard forms and draft leases (from template)
- Legal support work when required
- General clerical, secretarial and assistant duties
- College /University level education or equivalent work experience
- A team player with an exceptional ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple assignments
- Strong organizational and administrative capabilities
- Legal training or a real estate background is not necessary but would be an asset
If we are a match:
Polygon offers a competitive salary and benefit packages along with a reputable corporate culture as a leader in the industry. Please send your resume and cover letter to Serena Pang at email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest and will only be in touch with shortlisted candidates.