Aboriginal Development Internship
About Polygon and Dentons
Polygon is one of BC’s leading multi-family homebuilders, having built more than 28,000 homes throughout the Lower Mainland. Dentons is proud to be Vancouver’s local law firm with a global reach.
Polygon and Dentons have partnered to offer this three (3) months paid internship, which would start after May 1st.
- Work closely with the Vice President First Nations Relations to identify areas of interest for your business and career development, so that a unique and flexible work plan can be set out for the internship
- Be working in Polygon’s professional office environment and have opportunities to join in on Polygon and Dentons corporate activities
- Depending on your interests, you may:
- Assist with data collection and analysis for Polygon’s land, development, construction, customer service or marketing groups
- Assist with administrative duties for Polygon’s development group
- Assist Polygon’s sales group with new project openings
- Attend project meetings and assist with meeting minutes
- Attend public information meetings with member(s) of a project team and provide assistance
- Attend city council meetings with member(s) of a project team
- Attend project site meetings with construction personnel
- Assist with the documentation and recovery process of project bonding
- Benefit from business and mentoring opportunities at Denton’s downtown Vancouver office
- Report on your work experience with a presentation to Dentons at the end of the internship
- A team player, with good communication and computer skills
- An individual willing to try new tasks
- Someone who can demonstrate a serious level of commitment and experience, preferably attending a post-secondary business program
- Affiliation to a local aboriginal community
- A valid driver’s license is an asset
- References may be requested of shortlisted candidates
If we are a Match
If you are interested in working with a large homebuilding company and motivated by personal and professional growth, then this internship is a match for you. Please email your resume and cover letter (referencing Aboriginal Development Internship–Summer 2019) to: Candy Tsang at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than March 29, 2019. We thank all applicants for their interest.
Polygon and Dentons offers a competitive salary for this summer internship, along with reputable corporate cultures as leaders in our industries.