British Columbia owned and operated since 1980, the Polygon family of companies has built more than 27,000 homes throughout the Lower Mainland, from concrete high-rises and wood-frame condominiums to townhomes and single-family communities. With over three decades in business, Polygon has earned the trust of thousands of families by committing to quality design, sound construction and exceptional customer service
Reporting to the Senior Vice President Construction, Polygon is looking for an experienced Construction Manager to join our busy head office construction team.
As a Construction Manager, you will be responsible for all aspects of construction management for your assigned communities. You will lead the construction teams on your projects from design to completion working in collaboration with our in-house design, sales & marketing, customer service, & finance teams.
- Assume full responsibility for the execution of the construction management of each assigned project, including providing direction to the Site Superintendent and site personnel.
- Attend regular design meetings to assist in the design and coordination process.
- Prepare project budgets and schedules for approval and monitor and update on a regular basis.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with consultants, trades, and all members of the project team.
- Provide strong leadership to the construction team in all aspects including site safety and chair regular project site meetings.
- Prepare scopes of work and tender, negotiate, and award trade contracts in accordance with an approved budget.
- Ensure that projects are built in accordance with approved plans and specifications and ensure that high quality standards are maintained.
- Monitor construction progress to identify and report issues and make corrections and adjustments as required to keep the project on track.
- Ensure that the project occupancy dates are achieved and work closely with the Sales and Customer Service teams to ensure a smooth transition and move-in experience for all homeowners.
- Manage the completion of all contracts and final deficiencies and close-out the project for hand-over to the in-house Customer Service team.
- Minimum of 5 years of construction management experience in multi-family residential construction
- A Team player with strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Relevant university or technical education
- Proven ability to handle pressures and challenges
- Demonstrated leadership, project management and problem-solving skills
If we are a match
Polygon offers competitive salary and benefit packages along with a reputable corporate culture as a leader in the industry.
We thank all applicants for their interest and will only be in touch with shortlisted candidates.