We are committed to providing our customers with exceptional service. Having practices and procedures in place to maintain the confidentiality of our customers’ information and protecting their personal information is a priority. In the course of our business, we collect information from our customers and the public for two main purposes - to facilitate the purchase of a home, and to keep customers informed about new homes as we build new communities.
We adhere to the principles contained in British Columbia’s Personal Information Protection Act with respect to protecting our customers’ personal information.
1. Accountability – We are responsible for the personal information that we collect and we have designated a Privacy Officer and others to be accountable for compliance with the Act.
2. Collection Purposes – At the time we collect personal information or before, we will let you know why we are asking. We never share our customer’s needs and preferences with other kinds of businesses – your personal information stays with us and our authorized representatives.
3. Consent – We ask for your consent to obtain personal information where it’s not obviously given. Consent can be written, in a form, implied, or given verbally. You can always withdraw consent, for example, if you don’t want to hear about new homes, and we will be happy to oblige the request.
4. Limiting the collection of personal information – We limit what we collect to what is reasonable and necessary for the purposes identified.
5. Limiting the use, disclosure, and retention of personal information – We limit use, disclosure and retention to what is reasonable and to what matches the purpose for which it was collected, except as may be required by law.
6. Accuracy - We will make reasonable efforts to ensure personal information is accurate.
7. Safeguards – We have safeguards in place to protect your personal information against loss, theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. For example, we have security features to protect our head office where our computer servers are located, and we have security features in place to ensure that only authorized persons can access the computer system.
8. Individual Access – If you want to know what personal information, if any, we have about you, you can ask our Privacy Officer and we will inform you, and give you access. If anything has changed, you can have it amended.
9. Compliance – We have procedures in place that our Privacy Officer will follow for hearing, responding, looking into, and resolving any concerns.