March 04, 2013
Spring is just around the corner, which means the deadline for the British Columbia First-Time New Home Buyers’ Bonus is less than a month away.
Last year, the B.C. Government announced an incentive for First-Time Homebuyers. The B.C First-Time New Home Buyers’ Bonus is a bonus of up to $10,000 if you purchase and close on a home prior to March 31st, 2013.
In order to be eligible for this incentive, there are a few requirements you must qualify for:
- You purchase or build an eligible new home located in B.C.
- You, or for couples, you and your spouse or common law partner, have never previously owned a primary residence
- You file a 2011 B.C. resident personal income tax return, or if you move to B.C. after December 31, 2011, you file a 2012 B.C. resident personal income tax return (you will not be eligible for the bonus if you move to B.C. after December 31, 2012)
- You are eligible for the B.C. HST New Housing Rebate
- You intend to live in the home as your primary residence.
There are many great reasons in addition to the homebuyers’ credit to get into the market, especially for first time homebuyers. Interest rates continue to remain low and with prices softening last fall, there are some exceptional values being offered in today’s market. Whether you’re looking for a two bedroom townhome from $289,900 at Red Maple Park in Langley, or a two bedroom apartment from $289,900 at Tamarack in Coquitlam, we have several new homes that would be eligible for the first time new homebuyer’s credit. Visit any of our sales offices for further information.
With over 20,000 families across the Lower Mainland living in a Polygon Home, more new homeowners in British Columbia start with Polygon. Whether you are looking for the convenience of an urban apartment or the amenities found in a larger master-planned community – for whatever’s next in your life, start your search with Polygon.
Senior Vice President Sales & Marketing
Polygon Realty Limited